Spinach Rice

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am very fussy when it comes to food.My Mom always says that its too difficult to please me:-D Am lucky to marry someone who is just the opposite to me. My Husband doesn’t mind anything I cook,so I don’t bother asking him what he likes to have,what to make etc. I had some green Onions at home and the first thing that came to my mind was “Fried Rice”.Since I had frozen Spinach also,I wanted to come up with something new. I tried making “Spinach Rice” and it turned out well. This is also a healthy dish, coz Spinach is rich in Iron & Calcium

Ingredients:-

Frozen Spinach – 1 cup
Onions – 1 small(chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1tsp
Green Chillies – 4-5 (crushed)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
Green Onions – 1/2 cup chopped
Basmati Rice – 2 cups(cooked)
Salt – As per taste

1.Cook the Frozen Spinach as per the insturctions mentioned in the packet. Squeeze excess water and set aside.
2.Heat Oil in a wok,add ginger garlic paste,Green chillies & Onions one after the other
3.When the Onions turn translucent add the Soy Sauce and Stir for a min or two.
4.Drop the chopped green Onions and spinach.
4.Allow it to cook for about 5mins and add rice. Add salt and mix well.

Serve Hot!



I always grind Green Chillies in abundance and refrigerate it,its easy to use it as & when required. I believe adding salt to it helps to keep it for longer.

14 comments:

Malar Gandhi January 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Hi Nithya,

sounds nice to me, love spinach anyways...frozen is the only choice for me here...wish to make this soon. Thanks for sharing it here, dude.

Nithya Praveen January 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Thanks Malar for stopping by to my blog.

Sum Raj January 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

i guess forst time to ur blog...i m a big fan of spinach and with rice its just perfect...

sriharivatsan January 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Hey first time to your blog..looking wonderful..Spinach Rice is entirely new to me..Will try definitely..Tx for sharing

amna January 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

even i concoct all sorts of mixed rice when i have diff veg lying around. good one :)

Jaishree Iyer January 9, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Thanks Nithya for stopping at my blog* for lovely comments. You had a wonderful blog ..spinach rice looks delicious nithya..

vidhas January 9, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Spinach rice sounds great. You ahve given me idea for my hubby's lunch box. It is good idea about green chili paste, will follow it.

Deepthi Shankar January 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

I love Spinach rice too. My husband is quite the opposite, hez been quite a fussy eater. N kichuri is a bengali word for khichdi, Masoor dal khichdi is very popular in bengal hence the name kichuri

Priya Suresh January 9, 2009 at 3:03 AM  

First time here...spinach rice looks really great n healthy dish...thanks for ur comments on my blog..do visit often..

Nithya Praveen January 9, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Thanks Suma,Sriharuvatsan,Priya,Nags,Jaishree,Vidhas,Deesha!
Deesha - Thanks for letting me know abt Kichuri.

Pavithra Kodical January 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

First time here..Interesting recipe ..

Bindiya January 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Rice and spinach really healthy combo, nice recipe will try it out.

mathew January 20, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

never used soy sauce till now in spinach rice...thanks for this recipe ..would try it out..

Nithya Praveen January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Thanks Pavithra,Bindiya and Mattew!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP