Spinach Rice

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am very fussy when it comes to food.My Mom always says that its too difficult to please me:-D Am lucky to marry someone who is just the opposite to me. My Husband doesn’t mind anything I cook,so I don’t bother asking him what he likes to have,what to make etc. I had some green Onions at home and the first thing that came to my mind was “Fried Rice”.Since I had frozen Spinach also,I wanted to come up with something new. I tried making “Spinach Rice” and it turned out well. This is also a healthy dish, coz Spinach is rich in Iron & Calcium

Ingredients:-

Frozen Spinach – 1 cup
Onions – 1 small(chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1tsp
Green Chillies – 4-5 (crushed)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
Green Onions – 1/2 cup chopped
Basmati Rice – 2 cups(cooked)
Salt – As per taste

1.Cook the Frozen Spinach as per the insturctions mentioned in the packet. Squeeze excess water and set aside.
2.Heat Oil in a wok,add ginger garlic paste,Green chillies & Onions one after the other
3.When the Onions turn translucent add the Soy Sauce and Stir for a min or two.
4.Drop the chopped green Onions and spinach.
4.Allow it to cook for about 5mins and add rice. Add salt and mix well.

Serve Hot!



I always grind Green Chillies in abundance and refrigerate it,its easy to use it as & when required. I believe adding salt to it helps to keep it for longer.

14 comments:

Malar Gandhi January 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Hi Nithya,

sounds nice to me, love spinach anyways...frozen is the only choice for me here...wish to make this soon. Thanks for sharing it here, dude.

Nithya Praveen January 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Thanks Malar for stopping by to my blog.

Suma Rajesh January 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

i guess forst time to ur blog...i m a big fan of spinach and with rice its just perfect...

sriharivatsan January 8, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Hey first time to your blog..looking wonderful..Spinach Rice is entirely new to me..Will try definitely..Tx for sharing

Nags January 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

even i concoct all sorts of mixed rice when i have diff veg lying around. good one :)

Jaishree January 9, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Thanks Nithya for stopping at my blog* for lovely comments. You had a wonderful blog ..spinach rice looks delicious nithya..

vidhas January 9, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Spinach rice sounds great. You ahve given me idea for my hubby's lunch box. It is good idea about green chili paste, will follow it.

DEESHA January 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

I love Spinach rice too. My husband is quite the opposite, hez been quite a fussy eater. N kichuri is a bengali word for khichdi, Masoor dal khichdi is very popular in bengal hence the name kichuri

Priya January 9, 2009 at 3:03 AM  

First time here...spinach rice looks really great n healthy dish...thanks for ur comments on my blog..do visit often..

Nithya Praveen January 9, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Thanks Suma,Sriharuvatsan,Priya,Nags,Jaishree,Vidhas,Deesha!
Deesha - Thanks for letting me know abt Kichuri.

Pavithra Kodical January 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

First time here..Interesting recipe ..

bindiya January 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Rice and spinach really healthy combo, nice recipe will try it out.

mathew January 20, 2009 at 3:51 AM  

never used soy sauce till now in spinach rice...thanks for this recipe ..would try it out..

Nithya Praveen January 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Thanks Pavithra,Bindiya and Mattew!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP