Matar Paneer

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flavour/Flavor is determined by taste and smell.One main ingredient that gives flavor to my cooking is the “Kitchen King Masala”, this gives an extra zing to all my north Indian recipes.I would call it my secret ingredient too….Shhhh!

Not many use this in their cooking,I got to know about this thru my husband’s Aunt.She had invited us home for dinner,we feasted on Cutlet,Bisibelebath,Poori,Dum Aloo(this one was a lil different,as the tomato base was cleary seen and made it very tangy) and so on…Oops not to forget the yummy desert - Aam Ras.She actually mentioned abt Kitchen King Masala to me and that’s how I even got to know about it.

This powder contains cumin seeds,Pepper,Coriander seeds,Chillies,Turmeric,Garlic,Dry ginger,Cardamom,Fenugreek,Poppyseed,Clove,Nutmeg,Asafoetida,Dry Fenugreek leaves(Kasuri Methi) etc…..Isn’t this enuf to be a good ingredient? While the usual Garam Masala does have a few ingredients mentioned above but not all.So the “Kitchen King Masala” is definetly the “King” of all masalas:-P

In one of my earlier posts, I had mentioned about some easy North Indian recipes. Another one to the list would be “Matar Paneer”. I had a lot of Frozen Peas & Paneer lying in the refrigerator for long and I kept thinking as to what to make using them. I was in a mood of easy cooking and started off…

Ingredients :

Frozen Peas – 1 ½ cup
Paneer – 1 cup (cut into cubes)
Red Onion – 1(finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 3(pureed)
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 2-3 chopped & crushed-(Optional)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Kitchen King Masala – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp(optional)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1tsp(increase as per individuals spice levels)
Cilantro – for garnishing
Salt – as per taste

Method:-

1.Heat oil in a Kadai, add cumin seeds ,Ginger garlic paste,Green Chillies(optional) &Onion. Saute till the Onions turn translucent.
2.Add the tomato puree ,Turmeric Powder,Red Chilli powder and cook till you see the oil disappearing from the sides.
3.Now add the Frozen Peas and little water to let it cook.Cover it with a lid.
4.Once done,add Kitchen King Masala and Garam Masala(optional).Saute for about 5-7mins
5.In the end, add the Paneer ,mix gently.Close the lid for few minutes and garnish with Cilantro. This goes well with any Indian Bread/Rice.




I grinded the green chilles along with the Tomato Puree,as it is better to grind than to crush.Not many use Green chillies in Aloo Matar as Red Chilli powder does the job.I have also seen people adding both the masalas(kitchen king & garam masala) so I've mentioned it above too.

18 comments:

FH January 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

That is one gorgeous looking dish, love the photo! :))

Nithya Praveen January 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Thanks Asha,happy to see u stop by.

Usha January 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment.This one looks fantastic, thanks for the tip about kitchen king masala will look out for it on my next grocery run....your noodles below looks very inviting too :-)

anudivya January 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Thanks Nithya! Thatz one of my favs! Anything paneer and I can gorge it down.

Nithya Praveen January 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

Sure Usha.its worth buying it,Everest brand is much better than the others.
Anudivya,I love Paneer too.Always think of avoiding it but jes cant resist:-P

Adlak's tiny world January 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Hi Nithya thanks for stopping by... I had this dish at hotels...some times prepare in my home too. yrs looks inviting....

Nithya Praveen January 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Thanks for stopping by to my blog too:-)

Uma January 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

Matar paneer looks gorgeous and mouth-watering. An absolute favorite! Nice pic too. Thanks for dropping by. You have a nice blog with many yummy recipes. Happy New Year!

Aparna Balasubramanian January 8, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

Peas and Paneer (who doesn't love this one) make this one of our favourites.
I've seen that KK Masala on the store shelves but never picked it up!

Happy New Year.

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

Clumbsy Cookie January 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

There's something about colorful food, I just love it!

Nithya Praveen January 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Thanks Aparna, the next time dont forget to pick it up:-)
Clumbsy Cookies - I agree there is definetly something abt colorful food....drags me to it!

Nithya Praveen January 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Thanks Uma, for visiting my blog as well....Happy New Year to you too:)

TNL January 9, 2009 at 7:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
TNL January 9, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

Now that looks AWESOME...its my absolute favorite! Kitchen King Masala is indeed good in many things! I prefer the 'Everest' brand too....for almost ALL of my masalas.

cheers,trupti
the spice who loved me

Nithya Praveen January 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Thanks Trupti, Everest is the best one....i agree!

Namrata Kini February 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Lovely blog. I use a combination of both Kitchen King and garam masala but use only a pinch of garam masala as we don't like its strong flavor. Kitchen King is definitely the best.

Priyanka Agrawal February 14, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Oh yum! All your recipes look great. Check out my version of matar paneer as well :)
it was my first time on ur blog, would love to revisit

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP