Sesame Peanut Spaghetti

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I enjoy watching Ina Gartin’s Barefoot Contessa.She comes up with fine cuisine,great tips,mouth-watering and scrumptious food. It gets too tempting to eat what she makes.The other day, I was watching her make “Crunchy Noodle Salad” were she used Spaghetti,Snap Peas,Olive Oil,Sesame Oil,Sesame seeds,Scallion,Garlic and few other ingredients to make a lovely salad. You can look for her salad here - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/crunchy-noodle-salad-recipe/index.html

I like experimenting with things from time to time. Since am not a salad eater, I tried using most of the ingredients that was used in the original recipe along with few additions as per my choice and made my own “Sesame Peanut Spaghetti “.Yes, I gave it a different name as it was not a salad and not even close to the original one. After I was done with the dish, I felt I could add could something more…How about some roasted eggplant ,tofu???? Ummmm, I will probably keep these for my next experiment and for now here it is…



Ingredients:-

Spaghetti – ½ pound (thin) – cook as per instructions
Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp(toasted/roasted)
Peanuts - 3 tbsp (roasted and crushed)
Snap Peas – ½ cup (cook in salted water for 5mins until tender)
Bell pepper(any color) – 1 cored and seeded, thinly sliced
Onion – ½ cup (roughly chopped)
Scallions – ¼ cup (chopped) (optional)
Honey – 2 tsp
Parsley/Cilantro – for garnishing
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 4 nos(crushed)
Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – as per taste

Method –
1.In a large wok, heat Oil, add ginger garlic paste , Green chilies and Onions. Sauté until translucent.
2.Add the Bell Pepper and cook till tender.
3.Add Soy sauce and sauté for about 2-3 minutes and add honey, snap peas & scallions.
4.Gently toss the Spaghetti along with the mixture. Add salt.
5.Ensure all the ingredients are mixed well. In the end add the peanuts and roasted sesame seeds and mix it slowly. Garnish with Parsley/Cilantro. Serve hot.



Instead of Spaghetti,even Hakka Noodles can be used.

20 comments:

Pavithra Kodical January 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Pasta is looking so yum..I also love watching foodnetwork.As i am an vegetarian options are limited..This recipe seems so simple..Will surely try sometime..Thanks for the recipe.

Gita Jaishankar January 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

I too love watching Ina Garten...This is a great dish..looks very delicious :)

Shama Nagarajan January 20, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

looks delicious......nice blog

Ramya's Mane Adige January 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

looks delicious!!! adding crushed peanuts sure gives a wonderful Thai touch to the dish!!

anudivya January 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

My my! That sounds perfect and I love Hakka noodles and would love to try it with them.

Cham January 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

My son just go crazy for spagetti or noodle, this asian touch will be definetly a great way to eat spagetti :)

sriharivatsan January 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Looks yummy, making one hungry..

Dershana January 21, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

Flavoursome recipe! All those nutty things inside make it so delicious.

Raks January 21, 2009 at 1:50 AM  

Sounds awesome!I have always failed in cooking spaghettis,should try again:)

lubnakarim06 January 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Wow nice blog makeover. Love it. Comming to the recipe, Spaghetti pasta looks yummy....

Finla January 21, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

I don't get foodnetwork here. But i do watch food programmes which are available here.
Love the sesame peanut dihs.
Looks yumm.

AnuSriram January 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Pasta looks so colourful and delicious.. I'm getting a good aroma here..

Trupti January 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

spagetti looks very delicious..nice template

Nithya Praveen January 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Pavithra – I agree am a vegetarian too, but I guess the dessert section are the best to watch.Thanks for ur comments
Gita – Thanks for the comments.
Shama – Thanks for the comments
Ramya – as u said, peanuts give a wonderful touch to Thai cuisine.
Anudivya – Let me know how it turned with Hakka noodles.
Cham – Kids go gaga over noodles.Your son wud enjoy this too.
Sriharivatsan,Happy cook,Gita,Shama,Anusriram and Trupti– Thanks for the comments.
Rajeswari – Try it with Hakka noodles also,if you are comfortable with it.
Lubna – Thanks,I owe some credits to u too.One of my inspirations and the most helpful blogger I’ve met on the net.Thanks for the lovely comments.

Deepa Hari January 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Hi Nithya,
Thank you for stopping by...you have a nice blog and pasta looks Yum!

TestingSalesforce January 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

wowee...you are going to be perfect chef with experimenting stuffs.Will try this.

foodbin January 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

adding some deep fried tofu would be nice.

Nithya Praveen January 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Deepa - Thanks for visiting my blog
Anu - That was a wonderful comment,i felt happy:)
Foodbin - Ya adding tofu is a gud option...will do that the next time.

Beyond Curries January 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

I'm definitely going to try this. Looks very nice.

TNL February 6, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Those are a fantastic bunch of flavors...and that too with pasta, sounds good, looks even better!

cheers,trupti
the spice who loved me

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP