Pesarattu Dosa

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I called home this morning and my Mom told me that she had made Pesarattu Dosa and my mouth started watering.God....its been really long...I miss Idly and Dosa.

When I went to New York, I enjoyed eating in Saravana Bhavan...I relished the south Indian breakfast there.We ended up eating only South Indian food, each n every day we were there.I remember few restaurants....Madras Cafe,Banana Leaf,Tamilnadu Bhavan etc.

Well coming to this...i quickly got the recipe from my mom and made this today.Here it is.

Ingredients:-

Moong Dal(Green Gram Split) - 1 1/2 cups
Raw Rice - 1/4 cup
Red Chillies - 5
Green Chillies - 2
Curry Leaves - few
Salt - as per taste

Method -

1.Soak Moong Dal and Rice for an hour.Grind it along with both the chillies to a fine batter.Add li'l water while grinding.
2.Add Salt and curry leaves.
3.Make Dosas using this batter.



Note - Some people add small onions while grinding it.I din't have them hence made it plain. This one is really easy, unlike the regular Dosas the ingredients dont have to be soaked for long hours.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP