Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake ....a celebration!

Monday, June 8, 2009

And it is so Cold..so very Cold. Its time for Summer and here am still feeling cold.The temperature is about 52 F and doesn’t seem to get any better. I am irritated to get back to the same old warm clothes..poor me! It was drizzling thru out the weekend too.Oh god, I wish I had a magic wand and change the weather the way I want it to be:)

In spite of the weather being bad,we didn’t compromise on our plans,especially on the Saturday. Weekends can be really quixotic and inspiring .P & I had a lovely day, “we” being formally dressed had a quiet and romantic Dinner at a classic American Restaurant, actually this is one of the finest restaurants here. Being a foodie I have been to all the kind of restaurants,have tried most of the cuisines and tasted best of the best foods, I guess very soon I should start blogging about my food and travel experiences too:-P.The restaurant pretty much had limited veggie entrée,but we were able to adapt a pasta dish (which was made veggie for us) called Linguini with fresh tomatoes (the original one had shrimp),we were happy to manage very well with the little that we could order.We also had Creamed Spinach which was served with Asiago cheese & some hand cut Idaho Potato fries,Bruschetta(grilled crostini rubbed with garlic and Virgin Olive oil topped with Roma Tomatoes,fresh Basil and Herbs).The dessert section was to die for - I had a Chocolate Lust cake ie., sinful layers of Devils food,Chocolate cheesecake and Rice Chocolate Truffle cake topped with Fudge Icing and Chocolate cookie crumbles…ummmm it was SINFUL!.

Well coming to the recipe, this is something I tried baking this weekend (Recipe taken from - the book “Taste of Home Desserts” along with my li’l variation) for something special…a celebration. I love cheesecakes and here is my endeavor with Apples and Cinnamon!




Preparation time – 15mins
Start to Finish – 1 hour(excluding the refrigerating time)
Yield – 12 Servings


Ingredients:

Butter – 1 stick/1/2 cup(softened)
Brown Sugar – ¼ cup
All Purpose flour – ½ cup
Wheat flour – ½ cup
Quick Cooking Oats – ¼ cup
Pecans – ¼ cup(finely chopped)
Ground Cinnamon – ½ tsp

Filling:

Cream cheese – 2 packages( 8 ounces each)
Condensed Milk – 1 can (14 ounces)
Apple juice concentrate – ½ cup
Eggs – 3 (lightly beaten)

Topping:

Apples – 2 medium( peeled and sliced,I used Pink Lady Apples)
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cornstarch – 1 tsp
Ground Cinnamon ¼ tsp
Apple Juice concentrate – ¼ cup

Method :

In a small mixing bowl,cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.Gradually add Flour,Oats,Cinnamon and Pecans until well blended.Press onto the botton of a greased baking sheet(1 ½ in. up the sides).Bake at 325F for tem minutes or until set.Cool on a wire rack.
In a large mixing bowl,beat cream cheese until fluffy.Beat in Condensed milk and Apple concentrate until smooth.Add eggs beat on low speed just until combined( the batter will be thin).Pour into crust.Bake at 325F for 40-45min or until centre is almost set.Cool and carefully run a knife on the edges to loosen.Refrigerate over night.
In a pan cook and stir in apples in butter over medium heat until crisp and tender.Cool and arrange over cheesecake.In a small sauce pan,combine cornstarch,cinnamon and apple juice concentrate until smooth.Bring to a boil.Reduce heat;cook and stir for a minute or until thickened.Immediately brush over Apples.Refrigerate for an hour or until chilled.



These cakes have to be consumed at the earliest(I mean it cannot be stored for long),else they turn a li’l harder. The original recipe doesn’t call for wheat flour,I wanted to reduce the intake of A.P Flour,hence used wheat flour .

48 comments:

Sophie June 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

I never would've thought that this contains oatmeal, how delicious. I bet this tastes divine with ice cream!

Lisa Turner June 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

I don't eat dessert very often, but cheesecake is for sure my favorite. The addition of oatmeal is intriguing. I do wish I had this for dessert tonight. Just lovely.

Padma June 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

So delicious and also nice click :)

Pavithra Elangovan June 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Wow thats looking gorgeous dear.. love to have some.

Unknown June 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Very nice dessert. Good to know you had a ball in your weekend.

kittymatti June 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

yumm! rich and comforting, looks great!

Gita Jaishankar June 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

wow...the cake looks so decadent and delicious :)

Unknown June 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

looks awesome..must have tasted so good..i simply love tha taste of cinnamon in cakes..

Varsha Vipins June 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

That looks quite sinful Nithya..:)

VineelaSiva June 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Wow the cheese cake lookes yummy.I nerver eat and tried this recipe.but its so tempting with ur cheese cake.

Priyameena June 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Wow the cake looks gorgeous..Me too hate the weather over here in NewYork..Still cold in summer..Glad to know that being a vegetarian you are enjoying all cusines..

Varsha Vipins June 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Amazing cake dear..looks perfect..Here we are yearning for some drizzle now..yday it did n its kinda cool now..hope it stays so..:)

prathy June 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Wow feel like grabbing that piece from the creen gal..Looks really yummy..

Vijitha June 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Delicious post n good click!gonna try this for sure

Suparna June 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

hi Nithya,
best wishes for the special day that called for a celebration :)wish u many many more of such happy wonderful celebrations dear.

u seemed to have had a blast girlie..with such yummm food and also an awesome looking home made dessert.
Thanks for sharing yet another interesting recipe with us.
Enjoy!
TC

Parita June 9, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

Apple and cinnamon combination is to die for..love the cheesecake and plus with oatmeal little healthier too :)

Shama Nagarajan June 9, 2009 at 4:07 AM  

delicious recipe

Priya Suresh June 9, 2009 at 4:16 AM  

Wow thats a delicious cinnamon apple cheesecake Nithya...looks ultimate!

Subhie June 9, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

wow..lovely dish n presentations...

Laavanya June 9, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I love cheesecake too abut have not tasted an apple-cinnamon version - looks delish.

Pooja June 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Oh my this looks heavenly! I have had cheesecake only once! You have tempted me! Feel like grabbing the slice!

Preety June 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

looks like perfect dessert..i never tried apple in my baking yet but your looks wonderful

Mangala Bhat June 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

wow! i love this cake .. ur pic looks like tiramisu ..wow ! yummy dear :)nice clicks :)

ARUNA June 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

wow this looks awesome and yummy Nithya!!!

Manju June 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

wishing you many more of such wonderful celebrations! :)

n that cheesecake totally blows my mind off!!

AnuSriram June 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Looks fabulous and inviting!

MAHIMA June 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Thanks For visiting my blog :)
Love the apple cinnamon cheesecake!!! :) luks vv tempting.
All da best for ur culinary ventures...

Yasmeen June 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

decadent cheesecake and fruit topping makes it even more droolworthy:)

Uma June 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

yum! The title itself is enough to tickle our tastebuds! A gorgeous and tempting dessert! Looks lovely :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food June 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Wow what a cheese cake... Must be so yumm...

Ann June 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Glad I could get more Veggie food recipes here :) Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.
Oh! I can't even guess it has oat meal! So creative and delish dish.

anudivya June 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

We have not completely gotten out of the cold weather either. But it is much better now with the sun showing up pretty consistently.
Cheesecakes are my weakness, why are you doing this to me!!!

Raaga June 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

I haven't made cheesecake ever... just eaten... all the time :-)

Should try! :-) apples and cinnamon - my fave combo

Chitra June 10, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Delicious,creamy...Never tasted it..looks yummm:)

Deepthi Shankar June 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM  

that looks absolutely delicious

Unknown June 10, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

oatmeal in cheesecae in new..but looks very yummy nithya...

Jyoti June 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Looks so delicious ! Something very interesting for me to try !

Kalyani June 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

looks delicious & nice pictures nithya ... & u have a nice recipes here.....

veena June 11, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Hi Nitya...
Cake looks simply yummy ..Very nice click too

indosungod June 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

That looks so delicate and I bet delicious. But with apples this is really good. I am not too fond of cheesecake or atleast that's what I'd like to think. But anytime I see them I gorge till I can drop.

Vikis Kitchen June 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

wow what a lovely dessert. I bet the cheesecake could have tasted heavenly with so much good ingredients.

Nithya June 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

Lovely cake.. It looks really tempting. I am such a cake freak. Will try this soon and let you know how it came out too.. :)

You have a nice blog. Keep it going. :)

sra June 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Hi Nithya, followed the trail back to your blog from mine - glad to have discovered it!

Red Chillies June 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Your new template looks good. The 3 column one's are very neat. Love cinnamon in any dessert and this looks yumm.

Hari Chandana P June 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

very delicious and amazing clicks :)

gtyuk June 14, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

mmmmm, I'm drooling over it; I love cheese cakes, I have never tried using apples, looks good!

kittymatti June 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

hi dear, visit my blog to pick yr award:)

Nithya Praveen June 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Thanks all for the lovely comments...i eagerly look forward to these...thanks again!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP