Food in Colors(FIC)- Express your Mood

Thursday, July 2, 2009

First of all thanks to Harini for letting me host this event.


I believe our nature or personality traits or moods influences our creations .It could be as complex as an abstract painting or a brilliant piece of musical composition or as simple as the regular food we make on a day to day basis.Life in itself is so colorful,right from the the dresses we wear,the cars we drive,the walls around us,etc. Mother Nature too has blessed us with so much of color around us,be it the vast blue sea, dense green forest,dark brown mountains or the golden sand.Being in Midwest,how can I forget the white Snow?

Scientific studies have shown that there is a a strong link between Human Nature and their choice of Colors.On the same lines I thought,to host this event that brings about the dimension of color in the food based on our every day mood.For instance,if you are a vibrant and happy fellow,you may chose to cook something YELLOW;calm and quiet,you may choose WHITE;excited,enthusiastic and strange choose ORANGE;angry and stressed choose RED and so on.

So how are you feeling today?


It would be a fun exercise if you specify your current mood when you
send in the entries,to prove if there is indeed a scientific link between the mood and choice of colors!


Here are the rules for FIC:

1. Cook and post any food with emphasis on the theme "Express your Mood" in the finished product.

2.Please note that raw vegetables are allowed only in soups or salads. Also, do not re-post earlier posts for this event. It is fun when we get new entries.

3.Only vegetarian food allowed,no eggs too.

4.You MUST link your post to Sunshinemom's rules page and this post.Entries not linked to both these post will not be included in the final round up.

5.If your recipe is inspired or taken from a blog or site, please link by name instead of using a link with "here", to acknowledge the person and not the thing!

6.Send an e-mail to me at aculinaryodyssey@gmail.com with the following details:

Your name:
The name of your blog:
URL of your blog:
Title of the dish:
URL of the post:
Your mood:
A 300px width image of your dish


It would be nice if you could use the logo in your submission.

6.If you do not have a blog and would like to participate, please e-mail your recipe and a 300px wide picture at my id aculinaryodyssey@gmail.com

7.Multiple entries allowed,last date for submission is July 31,2009

Looking forward to all bloggers participation and make this event a great success.

41 comments:

Sunshinemom July 2, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Thanks Nithya for hosting FIC for me! I am quite eager to find out the expressions that will come out here during next month's round up:).

kittymatti July 2, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

wow! good one, nice idea...

Pooja July 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Lovely theme Nithya :) Happy hosting!

Ann July 2, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Sound interesting and thanks for hosting this event

Priya Suresh July 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Lovely theme Nithya, happy hosting!

Unknown July 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Wow like the idea of not restricting the colors, thinking about what you mentioned about the colors, i think is pretty true. WIll forward couple soon.

Sanghi July 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Interesting, willtry to post!

Padma July 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Hey Nithya ...looks like this is ur 50th post... congrats dear and happy hosting :)

Mangala Bhat July 2, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Wow! Thanks for hosting .Nice theme .

Red Chillies July 2, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

Very interesting idea Nithya. For me WHITE is out of question, RED will work best I guess :-)). Hope to contribute something.

Parita July 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

Wow thats an interesting theme!!

Unknown July 3, 2009 at 1:11 AM  

sounds good..will try to send in something if possible...

Preeti Singh July 3, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

Nithya, nice idea....sounds great...happy hosting dear..

Khaugiri July 3, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Wow GR8 iddea Nithya!!!!! Count me in.....

Suparna July 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

tha's an unusual theme and sounds really exciting. Happy hosting. Quite curious to check out the entries for the event :)
TC

Vibaas July 3, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

interesting idea. will try to send some entries.

Usha July 3, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Interesting theme ! Happy hosting :-)

Vaishali July 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Oooh, that's both interesting and challenging. Let me see what I can cook up!

Yasmeen July 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Interesting chemistry of food,mood and colors.Happy hosting:)

Anonymous July 3, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

Nithya,first time to your blog.Excellent idea of moods..hope to participate.Thanks

notyet100 July 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

will sure try to send in somethin

Hari Chandana P July 4, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

Interesting theme.. happy hosting !!

Shabs.. July 5, 2009 at 4:51 AM  

Nithya, I love this theme...will try to send in some entry!

Pavithra Kodical July 5, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Loved the theme of FIC this month, will try to participate :)

AnuSriram July 6, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Thats interesting! will come up with a recipe soon...

Unknown July 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Are multiple colored entries allowed?

Nithya Praveen July 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Thanks all...am counting on u all:-)
A2Z Vegetarian - Multiple colors are allowed:)

Jayashree July 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Nice theme, Nithya....

Jyoti V July 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Hi Nithya,

This is my first visit to you.This very interesting event. I would like to forward my recipe!

Srivalli July 16, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Hi Nithya

Just wanted to update that I have added your blog to my Food Blog List.
Do have a look to check if its all fine.

http://cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com/2008/07/food-blog-list-by-cuisine-or.html

Please do link my food blog list to your blogroll.

Regards
Srivalli

Sonia July 17, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

First time on your blog. Would like to post something too. I have a question- Do I need to send picture of my own cooked recipe or any picture of that recipe would do?

Sonia July 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

I am a first timer here. Will you please let me know if the reipe picture that I send for the entry has to be from the original recipe or can I send any picture available on the web for that recipe. The recipe would of course originally be mine.

Nithya Praveen July 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Thanks all for the comments and am looking fwd to ur participation.Sonia - the picture has to be urs....the original one only.

Jisha July 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I have sent you my entry..
Looking forward to the roundup.

Preeti Kashyap July 27, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

hey...can i participate too?...was just wondering....came to this oage through sunshine mom's blog!

Soma July 27, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Mailed you my entry Nithya...

Nithya Praveen July 27, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Thanks Jisha & Soma.

Preeti - You can send me ur entry too:)Looking fwd to it.

Preeti Kashyap July 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Hey Nithya,
Can I send more than one picture? Can I am having trouble reducing the pixel size to 300. I will still try, but can I send the original picture size if I am not able to?

Preeti Kashyap July 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Sent you the post details thru email..please acknowlege.

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Just now sent my entry..Pl scheck whetehr both entries satisfy the rules..

lubnakarim06 July 31, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

I just dropped in my entry...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP