Morvendha saar/ Kadi

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Granny is a great cook.She is 90yrs old now and still helps me with her ideas.When i was in school, she taught me this recipe which is a typical Tirunelveli( a small city in Tamilnadu) dish and I make this often.This one I could call a "boon to bachelors" too as its very simple to make (jes takes 5mins).Its actually very similar to the Kadi thats made in the North

Whenever I am in a hurry I end up making this and relish it!

Ingredients:

Curd - 1 cup
Besan - 1 tbsp
Red Chillies - 4
Curry leaves - a few
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida/hing - a pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Methi seeds - very li'l (6-7 seeds approx)
Salt - as required

1.Beat the curd well and add Besan & Salt.
2.In a Kadai, heat oil.When its hot drop the mustard,methi,hing,Red chillies & curry leaves.
3.Add the Curd and stir well.
4.Switch of the gas as soon as you see it boil.

Hot Morvendhasaar is ready, you can have this with rice.

Note - The catch in this recipe to switch of the flame as soon as u see it boil a li'l.This would actually take only 3mins or so.The more you boil, it becomes watery.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP