Garden Veg Salad

Monday, November 10, 2008

I used to always think that "Salads" are like "ghaas poos" type of food.Somehow it never interested me.All of a sudden i had this wild thought about loosing weight and decided to come up with my own recipe to suite my taste buds:-P

I had been to my husband's office team outing and one of his clents Pam had made a lovely salad with poppy seed dressing.I couldn't get the recipe from her, but i came up with my own stuff keeping the taste in mind.

Actually you can add any fruit to this salad.I use Apples, Pineapple,Grapes,Strawberries,Rasberries etc.Banana,Watermelon,Papaya should be avoided.

Ingredients:

Lettuce - Few of them (rinsed and torn)
Olive Oil - 2tsp
Fruits - as mentioned above
Pecans(walnuts) - a few crushed into pieces
Black Pepper - a li'l
Salt - a pinch
Croutons - a few
Raisins - 10-12 of them
Honey - 1 tsp
Poppy seed dresser (readily available, I use the Marzetti brand)- 1 tbsp

1.In a large bowl, add olive oil,combine it with Pepper,Honey,salt & Poppyseed dresser.
2.Add the rest of the ingredients and toss it well.

Fresh healthy Salad is ready to eat.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP